Development and Consulting Intern
- Montvale, NJ
Altara is an ERP and CRM technology consulting firm based in Sacramento, California, USA. Combining in-depth technical and industry experience with a commitment to building collaborative relationships with clients, we deliver innovative services and solutions that meet clients’ most complex technical accounting and business process requirements.
At Altara, we apply the same values and beliefs to our staff as we do to our clients and we truly believe in fostering open communication, collaboration, and innovation in the workplace. Our people-centric approach and entrepreneurial work environment allow you to discover and cultivate your passions, learn from and work closely with talented colleagues, and shape your own professional development and career.
The intern will support the Altara team in helping clients achieve more efficient processes and in developing innovative, user-friendly technology solutions. The intern will be exposed to real world challenges and rewarding experiences, including participating in the documentation, design, and research processes and in ensuring optimal user experiences and client satisfaction. The ideal candidate must have a strong a desire to gain exposure to the consulting field, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and be motivated to learn.
What will I be doing?
- Providing design and strategy support for the development of custom application solutions which support the core financial applications offered by Altara.
- Assisting in delivering optimal user experiences
- Researching and implementing best design and user experience ideas and strategies
- Assisting with capturing and documenting client needs
- Creating requirements specification documents and PowerPoint presentations
- Supporting client projects and internal initiatives by producing high-quality deliverables and participating in meetings and brainstorming sessions
- Assisting with ensuring that company application solutions comply with defined requirements
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to assist with business development, product development, and marketing efforts
- Current senior in high school, undergraduate student or recent graduate
- Strong desire to learn about business, programming and consulting
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Highly creative with interest in user experience design
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively
- Ability to plan and create own schedule to meet goals and deadlines
- Team player with positive and proactive attitude
- Dependable and responsible
Please apply with a resume and a cover letter. In addition, please note that we will be reviewing applications as they arrive, so please apply at your convenience.
Contact: Mark Fineman @ firstname.lastname@example.org by July 9, 2021.